BRI strong motion database
The BRI strong motion database contains strong motion data recorded in the BRI strong motion network. You may search events, stations and strong motion records from the search form. You may also look at waveforms and response spectra of the searched data. Some strong motion data are downloadable.
The database contains the following strong motion data at present.
- Strong motion data from the Sendai dense instrument network from 1986 to 1998
- Strong motion data from the BRI nationwide network from 1990 to date
Downloadable data are as follows;
- Strong motion data recorded in and on the ground if there is sensors
- Strong motion data recorded at the basement of the building if there is no sensor on the ground
Users, who publish research results using the BRI strong motion data, are requested;
- not to distribute the data to the third party,
- to state the data source in the publication clearly, and
- to send a copy of the publication to BRI.
Strong motion data at upper floors of the buildings are also available with some restriction. If you need to use those, please contact us.